As you prepare for the New Year and refresh your vision and goals, don’t forget to look at the other parts of your closet that need attention too.
Your jewelry, undergarments, and beauty products.
It’s easy to overlook these sections but you’d be surprised as to what you tend to accumulate throughout the months or even years. If it’s been awhile since you’ve gone through these drawers, I’ve got 3 easy steps to make it easy for you to edit on your own.
A few tips to declutter and stay organized:
- Pull out what you use most – Put them at the forefront and in sight so they are easy. When all your jewelry is jumbled up or hiding, you tend to forget to wear it. You can do this by hanging your jewelry up on the wall or having trays that are out in the open with the earrings or items you wear daily.
- Organize by function or color – Hang all your delicate necklaces together, your chunky necklaces together then sort them by color and by occasion (evening, casual, work, etc). You can also separate earrings, bracelets, and other items by function, color or design as well. It makes it easier to find when you are putting together an outfit and have a certain style or color in mind for jewelry options.
- Store occasionally used items in their own spot – If you have it all in front of you, it’s hard to make decisions and it feels cluttered. The jewelry that has sentimental value, is a special gift, or a special occasion only piece can all be stored away in a jewelry box or other compartments.
- Pull out what you use most – Your sexy lingerie and everyday panties and bras should be in separate places. Make sure you keep only pieces that don’t look super worn. If any have holes, are discolored, etc take them out and replace them if needed.
- Organize by function or color – You want your panties and bras organized in a way that is easy to find and get to. Certain dresses, skirts, pants require certain panties as certain tops require certain bras. Purchase drawer organizer compartments to make it easy to separate and see everything you own.
- Store occasionally used items in their own spot – Your beautiful, sexy nighttime items can be stored in a separate drawer or place on it’s own.
- Pull out what you use most – If you’ve collected samples, crazy eye shadow color palettes and other randomness it’s time to go through and see what you wear the most. Pull the beauty products you use daily. It’s hard to believe how much make-up and beauty products in general tend to accumulate.
- Organize by function or color – If you have a lot of makeup, the best way to organize is by function. Put together the eye, lip, cheek products together into their separate groups and find some drawer spacers or clear make-up storage units to put in your bathroom or vanity.
- Store occasionally used items in their own spot – Put the fun colorful, occasional items all together in their own spot so you don’t have to feel like you need to dump everything out of your make-up bag to search for the one mascara you use everyday.
What did you find most helpful? Share in the comments below!