When you think of making more sustainable fashion purchases, one big question may come to mind: How can I integrate these brands without compromising my Style Personality?
No worries, I’m here for you! I rounded up my favorite brands that are part of the sustainable fashion movement. Purchase from these brands, and you’ll help create a positive change in our environment because of the materials used and in these brands’ manufacturing processes.
The future of fashion is sustainability. This means companies are looking to change trends less frequently by prioritizing slow fashion, create collections you can wear season after season, and include clothing made with recycled materials.
When you shop, it’s important to be mindful about what you purchase. Instead of buying sale items you never wear, look into investing a little more with pieces you love that fit your personal style and are timeless.
Besides being sustainable, all the pieces below are at great prices too! Buying from sustainably sourced brands doesn’t mean you have to pay a big difference from what you currently buy now.
Check out my favorites below:
Here are modern basics perfect for a business-casual lifestyle. Their pieces have edge and a modern touch in their day-to-day items, making it style-worthy. COS features a neutral palette and solids so their pieces tie into their mission to create timeless items you can wear season after season.
Their pieces are made of 50% recycled materials including cotton, wool, cashmere, nylon, polyester, and more.
At select stores they carry a collection called COS Restore where they carefully mend and repair items that may have been damaged, and sell them again. These pieces are sold at 30% off. It makes such a big impact to repair clothes instead of letting them go to waste. COS Restore is only available in-store at the following locations:
- Washington D.C
Here’s how COS is making an impact:
“We’re continuously pushing boundaries here at COS. From innovating new materials to our repurposed projects where we turn production waste into new garments for our customers to enjoy.”
– Nopor Stuart, Global Head of Sustainability at COS.
Modern Citizen offers sophisticated, versatile basics. A mix of soft fluid pieces with looser items for a perfect balance of comfortable, everyday style.
Here’s how Modern Citizen is making an impact:
- Modern Citizen is thoughtful in their production process by producing less through smaller quantity runs in order to reduce waste.
- Their shipping bags are compostable within 180 days, just like your fruits and veggies.
- Their website and product tags include a Garment Care Guide to extend the life of your purchase.
Sezane offers boho, artsy, and chic styles that are great for the lover of all things beautiful. They have a mix of earth tone colors and bright pieces in their collection. You’ll also find beautiful embroidered garments.
Here’s how Sezane is making an impact:
- 70% of the materials used in their designs are made of recycled materials.
- Their pieces are certified as absent of harmful chemical substances. Their materials originate from sustainably managed forests.
- Their new denim line uses 2x less water to produce than regular denim.
& Other Stories
& Other Stories has a collection of Sustainably Sourced Fashion to shop from. Their pieces are diverse; they offer trendy items, basics, and workwear. Even better—all of their pieces are under $150!
How & Other Stories is making an impact:
- VEGEA is their line of vegan shoes created from the byproducts of winemaking and recycled water bottles.
- At their brick and mortar locations, you can bring in old clothing, towels, and socks to be recycled and used for the construction materials industry, geofleece, carpet underlay, rear shelves in cars, stuffed toys, shoe insoles, and many other things.
- They have a dedicated page on their site to shop from their sustainable fashion choices.
You’re probably blown away by how stylish these pieces are! What brand is your favorite? Share in the comments below.
If this blog inspired you to shop with intention and purpose, I have something special for you. I want to help you create a shopping plan to build a powerful, put-together wardrobe! My program, The Shopping Formula, will help you transform your closet.
Register now by clicking here
Looking to learn more about your Style Personality? Read on: