Rachel Zoe lace green floor length dress I wore at the Seattle Business Babes event in April. We were a sponsor at the event and had the opportunity to connect with wonderful young ladies stepping into new ventures.
Let me just start of by saying, personally I REALLY enjoyed renting clothing with Armoire. At first, I was a little skeptical about the whole thing because I’d never done it before. When I called up their customer service rep I had so many questions in understanding the process that I finally decided I had to experience it on my own.
My personal perspective comes from a fashion viewpoint because I’m in the industry and style is my art. I also used the experience to see how it could fit into clients everyday lives with ease.
To rent or not to rent? Honestly, it’s a process and you have to commit to figuring out how to wear what you rent and be ok with trying new styles.
You should definitely try out rental if you are out networking often, on stage, creating video or photo content, and don’t want to feel repetitive with your own wardrobe.
**At the end of this post there’s a code for you to get 60% OFF your 1st month
THE PROS TO RENTING WITH ARMOIRE
- You can choose from a 4 or 6 piece plan and swap them out as frequently as you like
- You can also hold onto any piece as long as you want if you pay the monthly membership fee
- If you find you wear a piece often and absolutely love it, you can purchase it
- The clothing brands are higher end including Rachel Zoe, Kate Spade, Of Mercer, Nicole Miller, and more
- You have a limited selection to choose from based off the style profile you fill out
- If available, you can re-rent your favorites
THE CONS TO RENTING WITH ARMOIRE
- You are limited to rent from the options that are chosen for you
- You can’t search for any specific sizes, styles, brands, or type of clothing
- If you need help, you are paired with a ‘stylist’ who is really just someone in the company that knows the clothing and inventory.
WHAT I ORDERED IN ONE MONTH
1. NICOLE MILLER BOMBER JACKET | 2. ZERAFFA COAT | 3. SEVEN FOR ALL MANKIND JEANS | 4. RACHEL ZOE JUMPSUIT | 5. RACHEL ZOE LACE DRESS
6. BODEN DRESS | 7. OF MERCER DRESS | 8. TAHARI ASL DRESS
9. COA TOP | 10. FRENCH CONNECTION JACKET | 11. FRENCH CONNECTION TOP
THE 3 PIECES THAT DIDN’T WORK FOR ME
- COA top – it looked too worn and was more sporty than I expected
- Of Mercer dress – it was WAY too big in the hips and very straight
- French Connection top – way way too big and boxy
THE 7 PIECES THAT DID WORK FOR ME
- Rachel Zoe jumpsuit – I held onto this one until THE END OF THE MONTH because I didn’t have anywhere to wear it. I absolutely loved the fit. The last night before I returned it I decided to finally put it to use
- Rachel Zoe green dress – This was worn to the Seattle Boss Babes event that my team sponsored and it was a very impactful piece to wear.
- Boden dress – I wore this to two client meetings because it was stretchy and comfortable
-Nicole Miller bomber jacket – I got quite a few wears from this for work and casual
-Tahari ASL dress – This one was also a good dress, it fit a little big so I belted it and wore the bomber jacket over and you couldn’t tell at all.
-Zeraffa coat – This was one of the first items I ordered and I got many compliments on it
-7 for All Mankind Jeans – I didn’t think I’d order jeans but I thought, why not. I ended up really liking them and dressed them up with a blouse and heels for a night out.
-French Connection Jacket – It was really comfortable although it looked a little worn I still enjoyed the look. The sun started coming out and became way too warm to use anymore
MY 6 TIPS FOR RENTING
After one use or one photo, a statement piece can make a big impact and can’t be worn often. It really makes it difficult sometimes to justify the high price when you shop and fall in love with a statement piece. With Armoire, you’re able to rent them, wear them for the moment, and return them. It made it affordable and convenient.
The shipping is pretty fast, I’d say most of my orders came within 3 days. Look at your calendar and plan out some of your looks for the parties, business meetings, and other events that are coming up with the next week so you have something new to wear.
4 – 6 items is not enough to have a full on wardrobe, it’s simply a way to add to what you already own. Make sure you have some really great basics and staples to use for the outfits you put together. Jewelry, shoes, handbags, and belts can make the outfit more like you.
See a crazy print, new seasonal color or style you’re curious about? Rent it! There’s no obligation to keep it but there’s this comfort in knowing that if you don’t like it, you can get something else.
If you notice you are consistently wearing an time, I say buy it! It’s going to be a good staple piece to add to your current closet. Go on and keep it so you can start rotating other pieces in.
Jen and I can help you shop but we can also help you make decisions on what to rent and wear for your events too. As your stylist we have an idea of what you like, don’t like, and we know what you have in your closet. Contact us to help you make decisions and keep you styled!
TRY ARMOIRE AND SAVE 60%
Armoire has been kind enough to offer you ladies 60% off for your first month! Don’t worry, there’s no contract so you can cancel at anytime.
Sign up here: Armoire
Use this code at Checkout: Tannyab
Hello, thanks for this quality post. Thumbs UP! this post is really helpful
Thanks for this resourceful article.Have just bookmarked this page so I don’t miss any more of these.
Amoire was terrible! I signed up recently wanting to try something different in terms of clothing rental places. I was completely disappointed with this place. They only care about getting their money and it does not matter to them if you have a positive experience. I would never recommend them to anyone and would suggest people save their money or join other subscription services that offer the same thing but ones that will actually care about customer satisfaction.
Hey Karlie! Yes, there’s definitely been mixed reviews about Armoire. Some people love it so much and others find that they haven’t listened to their needs or what they actually want, others said it was hard to get cute things in their size and style. I’m so sorry to hear about your terrible experience!
Hi Karlie and Tannya! I was really sad to come across this negative review. I promise that we’re trying our best and certainly care about our members and not just getting our money – as you might imagine, running a small business that dry-cleans and ships for free isn’t minting cash 🙂 I’d love to chat and see if we could make your experience right – we’re always trying to improve. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org – we would so appreciate it!! -Ambika, Chief BossLady, http://www.armoire.style
I love that you encourage people to start wearing something new so that you can find out what your style is. My sister has a birthday coming up soon and she wants new clothing. I’ll try to find a boutique in the area that has clothes that match her unique style.
[…] Tips to Renting Clothing with Armoire – My Closet Edit […]
share this post